Acupuncture is the targeted application of fine, hair-like needles to points on surface of the body. It improves the flow of energy throughout the body to promote internal healing. Acupuncture originated in ancient China and is now being practiced and studied in Western countries because of its long history of proven health benefits, such as reduced pain, increased relaxation, and a greater sense of well-being.
Acupuncture can treat the following conditions, even when other treatments seem ineffective:
- Muscle and Joint Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Common Cold
- High Blood Sugar or Diabetes
- Chemotherapy Side Effects
Many people feel better after one in-office acupuncture appointment, but more successful treatments occur over a series of sessions.
Acupuncture is often paired with other kinds of Chinese medicine such as moxibustion, cupping, gua sha, tui na, and Chinese herbs. These treatments will be discussed with you during your office visit if they seem right for you.
How do I get started?
- Schedule your free, 30-minute consultation. This is a great way to get to know your acupuncturist, ask about Chinese medicine, and see if it’s helpful for your health and wellness goals. We will discuss your specific goals and potential treatment options.
- Or, if you prefer to start right away, schedule your first treatment now. It will last up to 90 minutes. We will discuss your health history in detail, and you will receive your first acupuncture. A treatment plan will be discussed, and a Chinese herbal medicine formula may be recommended.
- Follow-up treatments last up to 60 minutes. We will discuss progress toward your personal health goals and modify your treatment plan accordingly.