Chinese herbal medicine helps people treat the root of their illness, not just their symptoms. Chinese herbs are often recommended for use between acupuncture sessions to extend the healing effects of the treatment.
The study of Chinese herbal medicine and the use of Chinese herbs go back thousands of years. Through continuous clinical use, herbalists have been able to refine and expand upon the uses of Chinese medicine.
When Chinese herbs are part of your treatment plan, you are benefiting from the combined expertise of generations of Chinese herbalists.
Even when other treatments seem ineffective, Chinese herbal medicine can improve or heal such conditions as:
- Muscle and Joint Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Common Cold
- High Blood Sugar or Diabetes
- Chemotherapy Side Effects
Chinese herbs consist of natural plant, animal, and mineral substances that have been reduced to a powder, making them easy to carry with you and to drink in water. Animal substances can be left out of herbal formulas at your request.
The herbs we use at Heil Health and Wellness have been evaluated for safety and effectiveness and are free of harmful contaminants like pesticides and heavy metals.
How do I get started?
- Schedule your free, 30-minute consultation. This is a great way to get to know your acupuncturist, ask about Chinese medicine, and see if it’s helpful for your health and wellness goals. We will discuss your specific goals and potential treatment options.
- Or, if you prefer to start right away, schedule your first treatment now. It will last up to 90 minutes. We will discuss your health history in detail, and you will receive your first acupuncture. A treatment plan will be discussed, and a Chinese herbal medicine formula may be recommended.
- Follow-up treatments last up to 60 minutes. We will discuss progress toward your personal health goals and modify your treatment plan accordingly.